Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beautiful People Beautiful Moments.

December 24, 2014 a day before Christmas I had decided to meet a Facebook friend whom I had only known in the virtual world. I always look forward to the day when I could meet some of my virtual friends in the physical world. It always nice to meet in the physical world the person that one had share thoughts and banter with from time to time in the virtual world. Facebook give us the opportunity to make friends in the virtual world thus a meeting in the psychical world would complete the friendships. Before Facebook, Bloggers would meet in the physical world over lunch or coffee. I love to meet those smart folks who could articulate well on issues been posted from time to time on Facebook. On that Wednesday I got the opportunity to meet one such person from the northern state of Kedah. She was on the way back from a holiday in Turkey and made a stopover for a few days in KL before going back to her home of Sungei Petani on Christmas Day. Earlier on the wall of her Facebook she posted that she was at Kinokuniya in KL  Knowing that she was in KL I send her a note asking whether she would like to meet. She replied that she would love to. So we decided to meet at the KLCC, a place that is easier to meet. So at eleven in the morning on December 24 we met. Since we were strangers and had only met  in the virtual world  I told her to meet me in front of the Cashier counter of the Kinokuniya book store and then would go for coffee at the Coffee Club on the mezzanine floor. The Coffee Club at Kinokuniya is a place where I would meet friends and strangers for coffee or a snack from time to time. While waiting there for her to arrive I notice an odd looking person at the Cashier counter. Read the full episode of the happening here [ I blog about this here ] Soon that stranger [Adrina Omar] arrived,  we shake hand  and left to have coffee  at the Coffee Club at the Mezzanine floor above. We  ordered hot drinks and snack. Found a nice table and sat down to chat. Since this was the first time we met face to face in the physical world there was plenty to talk about. While in the midst of the chat a familiar face [Shakirah Zain] a Blogger/Facebook friend suddenly appears smiling, a certain smile, a happy looks. I was surprised indeed to see her in that moment in time. She was with her daughter. We shake hands and I introduce her to the stranger who was with me then. She then told her daughter to take the next table and continue to chat with us for a while. I was sort of mesmerized with that beautiful scene been played in front of me in that moment in time. After a while she left and joint her daughter to enjoy their brunch. With that my new friend and I continue to chat on various subjects that comes to our minds. Adrina is loaded with knowledge and it made discussing history and current happening in the country lively. Shakirah an Accountant turns professional translator despite been a single parent handles her situation raising the kids on her own very well indeed.  Both women have  beautiful minds of their own and I always love to share thoughts and banter with such people. It does enrich my mind too.  I had completely forgotten about the happening at the Cashier's counter earlier before we when up for that coffee. It not always that one gets to be part of such happenings in one location in one day. Perhaps this is what Carl Jung said synchronicity!


Have a nice day.

2 comments:

seniorsaloud said...

Nice post. No photos of the beautiful people you have met?

Pak Idrus said...

el-f, Lily thanks for the good words. As for the photo please visit their FB pages. I have given the link there. Just click and you are on the way.

Have a nice day.