Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Ulam....


It was a beautiful Saturday I decided to go to the wet market at Datuk Keramat to buy fish, seafood, vegetable and  poultry. I do that once a fortnight. This time I did not drive but instead ask our daughter's driver to take me there. At nine on that beautiful morning he drove me there. While he looks for a parking spot I went to get those things that I have come to buy. Since most of the folks who sell here are now my friends I had just to go to each stall and order the fish or other seafood or the poultry rest assured that those that I bought are of quality. I went from one stall to another and made the order and then move to buy some greens and herbs that my spouse has ask me to buy. Array of the Ulam [local salad] and other vegetables and herbs are beautifully arranged for sale. I bought a few and collect the fish, poultry and the seafood that I had bought and put it in the boot of the car. And went home happy with the purchases. Above are some of the Ulam and herbs that are displayed for sale at the market. An interesting array of  fresh vegetables and herbs indeed.

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Datuk Keramat market used to be one I enjoyed visiting. It has most things we need.

Pak Idrus said...

Al-Manar, Pokcik Hassan thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. Yes the Datuk Keramat wet Market is a great place to get fresh produce for the kitchen.

Have a nice day.