Thursday, October 24, 2013

Of the Bee and the Flower...



It was early morning. As usual at that early hour I was doing the daily chore in front of the house. Suddenly my spouse calls and said that a Bee got stuck at one of the flower that she had nurtured at the garden in the backyard. The Malay name this tiny flower of a creeper plant as Bunga Tongkeng [Tonkin Jasmine]. I told her it is all right; the Bee is sucking the nectar and would fly away soon. At the same time I thought that I should go and take a photo of that Bee in action. It is not always one get the opportunity to snap a picture of an insect enjoying its meals of nectar. I then put the Micro Lens to my Nikon and went to have a look. Sure enough there is a Bee with its head inside that tiny flower. 

I did not want to disturb it and just snap away as many images as possible using the Micro Lens. Later I touch the Bee but it does not seem to move like Bee does when disturbed. Maybe it was playing dead. I then took a small stick and try to dislodge it. Yes it really got stuck and could not get out of that tiny flower. Slowly and with care as not to hurt that creature I managed to dislodge it. It still a bit weak and did not fly away as would an active Bee does. I slowly put it down on a stick and saw it moving and starts kicking around. That means it still alive. Happy I left it there to regain its strength and fly away. 


Well folks, that is nature at its best.

Have a nice day.

7 comments:

Justin Choo said...

Pak Idrus,

Happiness is when one knows he has saved a life, no matter how insignificant. Well done.

Justin Choo said...

Congratulation on the change of name of your blog. This new name is much better than the previous one.

Pak Idrus said...

Justin Choo, Thanks for the visit and the good words on the subject of this posting especially about the Bee.

To me life is precious, I do not even kill an Ants. I would just shoo it out. I fed the elusive squirrel everyday in front of the house with cut apples. I told my grand kids that Ants and other animals have families too, so do not killed it. It part of our ecosystem for without it the whole scheme of thing on planet earth would not works as perfect as it is now.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

Justin Choo, thanks for the return visit and the good words on the new name of my blog. Well time change so I felt that it is best I give it a new names.

Have a nice day.

Justin Choo said...

Pak Idrus,

Good afternoon.

To live happily in a changing society, we need to change and ride the waves and follow the tides. Otherwise we will be like the dead wood swept away to one side by the waves.

A good human practises compassion to all beings. This is the most important principle in life. I share the same principle, whenever I see birds eating my chikus, I am happy because at least I have provided food for them. Many people cannot think this way. They just want to destroy life just because the other parties "disturb" them. They don't realize that each being has its own right to exist peacefully in
this world. It takes a bit of common sense wisdom to realize this.

Al-Manar said...

If we see bees around is it not likely to find a hive somewhere? Then Pak Idrus should follow your bees to the hive and have some honey back.

Pak Idrus said...

Al-Manar, Pokcik Hassan thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Well I ask the Bee where is your home and the replay; It is near a palace at Batu Rakit, Terengganu. It look like I have to go there to look for the honey. Perhaps Pokcik Hassan can also look for the Madu and Bermadulah dia.

Have a nice day.