Friday, October 04, 2013

10 years of Blogging....

Friday, September 12, 2003


" I am a Malaysian, a grandparent, live in Ampang jaya, near the capital city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, love to write and hope that my writing would contribute in enriching the lives of everyone that I came in contact in cyberspace. "



Above is my first posting in my Blog.  To date I have posted not less than one thousand and three hundreds articles in my blog and I am enjoying it. Blogging give me the space to share my thoughts with the world and at the same time it gives me the opportunity to keep my thinking faculty healthy as ever. Through blogging I made friends from near and afar. I flew all the way from Boston to Seattle in the US in the summer of 2008 to meet two bloggers there. While there met their spouse as well. In the country I met many strangers who are now my friends. Before Facebook many blogger interact in the comment column of the posting and at time we met for tea or lunch. Now with Facebook not many folks left comments any more. Anyway I am continuing to blog since I found that I could share my thoughts better in blog than in Facebook. Posting in Blog last forever whereas in Facebook it is just a passing posting and folks no longer read it after that. So here I am continuing to blog and enjoying doing it. I found that many visitors still read my posting and that in a way kept all those articles I had posted as relevant as ever. 

Have a nice day.

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Happy Bloganiversary!
I love reading your blog!
Have a great weekend

Pak Idrus said...

Elaine, thanks for the visit and the Blog wish; new words eh! Bloganiversary.

Thanks as well for the good words. I am indeed glad that you enjoy reading my posting. It does made my day.

Have a nice day and take care.

Al-Manar said...

My record is nowhere near yours, in number, length of time, frequency etc, not mentioning the large number of beaitiful pictures. I do not even possess a camera of your quality. But we share something, writing what we think of some use to our readers who care to visit our 'home'

I am afraid I am too set in my old-fashioned view to go f/b - although I have an account.

Congratulations on your success this far.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary of blogging. Thanks to this medium that we have met and become family friends.

Pak Idrus said...

Al-Manar, thanks for the visit Pokcik Hassan and the good words on my kind of blogging.

Well like you I love to write thus I blog and when there is that writer's block I would post some images that I had taken using my camera, which as you know tell story too.

At this age unlike you without a specific project I wonder and wander along on my journey of life at my own pace. At time do photography and share my interest with others on FB and Blog.

I am indeed glad there are still folks out there who continue to blog despite the other media like FB and twitter. To me blog is still the best to share my thoughts and would continue to do so as I move along on my journey of life. And remember we met because of blogging and had it not been so we would still be strangers.

Thanks again and do have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

Pak Zawi thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of blogging. I am enjoying it and would continue to blog as I move on.

Yes had it not been for blogging I do not believe we would have met and became a family friend. Asmah and I are indeed happy to get to know you and your spouse and it was because of blogging the we cross path and met.

Thanks again and do have a nice day.