Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The Magnificent Sun and the Moon...

I left Kuala Lumpur yesterday for a short break in my hometown of Kuantan. I had planned to go and watch the rising sun today while there. At just past 6.30AM this morning drove to the Teluk Cempedak beach and waited for the sun to rise. There are already may people there waiting for the sunrise and enjoying themselves in the cool morning. I was rather surprise to see many people especially the young already there. The last time I was at this beach there were not that many people at this early hours of the morning. The sun was expected to rise at the horizon at just past seven. Soon we saw the glow of amber as the sun makes its entrance announcing the beginning of another day, May 1, 2013. It was a magnificent sight to watch and wonder as it slowly rises above the horizon. This time using a telephoto lens I took many shots as it continues to rise; mesmerizing indeed. And then I look up and saw the moon too was there shinning bright in the morning sun, a rare opportunity indeed to be able to watch the rising sun and the moon at the same time. It was a blue sky thus I could see a clear three quarter moon up above. I took aim at it using the telephoto lens and got a few great picture of it before it disappeared as the sun rises. Above are the image of the sunrise and the moon as seen at just past seven this morning. Enjoy it folks much as I had enjoyed taking that photos. 

Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam Pak Idrus,

Cantik gambar yang Pak Idrus diletakkan. Beruntung dapat berada di pantai dipagi hari yang nyaman.

Pak Idrus said...

Mak Long a.k.a Kunang-kunang, thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. Thanks too for the good words on my kind of photography.

Well one had to take some time to be there at that early hours and it worth it when one get to see the glory of the sunrise and the other happening at the beach at that early hours.

Have a nice day.