Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The glory of the setting Sun...


It is funny though that I never thought of this before. It is about the Sun. At both our home, the house in Ampang Jaya and the Condo at Pantai Putri in Malacca; both face the setting sun. That day when I saw the sunset in all its glory in front of our home in Ampang Jaya, it dawn in me that both the houses has the front facing the west and the setting sun. Throughout the year I could see the sun at a different position when setting. Yesterday it was on the northwest. In Ampang Jaya it is not easy to get a good shot of the setting sun because there are houses and tall buildings in front of our house. The above image shows the sun at just past seven fifteen in the evening. A magnificent glow as it faded away below the horizon. In Malacca I could watch it until it goes beyond the sea and disappeared.

I was born and bred on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia and until I left Kuantan to work on the west coast, I only saw the rising sun and most of the time it rises just above the horizon on the China Sea, whereas the sunset was always ignored since on the east coast the setting sun is always around hills in some distance places. It was only when I start living on the west coast especially in Malacca that I get to watch the sunset onto the horizon at the sea off the Straits of Malacca. In Ampang Jaya, a suburban of Kuala Lumpur which is situated in the center of the country, the sunset and sunrise is different in that one does not see it rise or set like in Malacca or in Kuantan. Here it just appeared from hills and disappeared down the hills and buildings. Anyhow it is always nice to see the glow of the sun as it faded away in the evening. Especially so when it shows that amber red color as seen above is this shot of the setting sun in front of our home in Ampang Jaya. Have a nice day.

No comments: