Thursday, June 25, 2009

Color of the neighborhood....


It rain with thunder and lightning. I love the rain and it always remained me of my childhood living in a Kampong house where the roof always leak when it rain. Unlike now the roof at that time was made of nipah leaves woven together to make the roofing material. It is indeed a wonderful way of creating a roofing material from the leaves of a palm tree which is in abundant along the river. Nipah palm grows well on the watery mud along the river. In those days all along the Kuantan river there are nothing else but this wonderful plants, that sustained the riverside with various living things like the shellfish, the eatable snails and other small animals and insects . I often follow the elders to get a kind of shellfish that live in the mud, we call it Lokan and it is indeed a delicious food when cooked the traditional way.

The rain is continuing and I sat here at the patio and enjoying the sound of the pattering on the roof. At the same time it has turn the patio into a cool place to sit in the afternoon without the fans on. The thunder and an occasional lighting made the scene look gloomy but to me it is just part of the Eco system of our environment and I did enjoy it.

Yesterday while browsing around the neighborhood I snap some glorious flowers that grows on the roadside. Before the macro lens I just took for granted all those flowers and today with the macro lens I began to see more of these flowers.

It is the rain that comes and goes all the year round plus the sunshine that never failed to appear from the early hours of the morning; that brought about the abundant of greens and flowers in the tropic throughout the years. Whether one look or not the greens are always there, so are the flowers that color the landscapes. Only through the lens of the camera that one could capture the colorful scenes of these everyday happening.

Walking around we often just get a glimpse of the color of our day but most of the time we just do not take a second look. But once captured by the camera everything soon became a world by itself, so glorious and beautiful. That morning with the camera and the macro lens brought me into a new dimension of seeing nature at its best at my neighborhood. And folks here what I saw on that beautiful morning at Ampang Jaya; these flowers that blooms all the time throughout the years. Have a nice day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you've observed is soooo... true: "Only through the lens of the camera that one could capture the colorful scenes of these everyday happening".

The camera can indeed capture beauty that the human eye overlooks. Perhaps the camera focuses the beauty of nature & allow us to enjoy it in the quiet of our home, without distractions like insects, heat & the noise of traffic. It filters out all the "noise" and leaves us only the beauty.

I enjoy watching National Geographic. But I know I won't enjoy it if I were on site watching the lion chase, kill and eat the antelope, amidst the heat and the smell.

The camera helps us see the world in a different light. Not more real. Not less real. Just a different angle.

Thanks.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Really gorgeous flowers! Unfortunately not cat food...
I prefer grass, especially lemon grass...
My Mama has given some photography lessons to me too, very handy when we travel. Of course, the self timer is very very useful.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Such beautiful photos of the flowers after the rain, Pak Idrus. I love your memories of the rainy days in your youth too. I remember launching leaf boats in the big monsoon drains after the rain, and splashing in the big puddles in the football field.

Pak Idrus said...

Adirya Kiratas, thanks for the visit and the good words as well sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting.

Indeed the camera gives us the opportunity to see and learn more about nature, thus understand the working mechanism of the Eco system. It does made us appreciate all that are around us.

I am in my golden age and even at this age I am still awe with the everyday happening and as I move forward I am actually still learning and happy that with this technology I get to learn more and at the same time share it with others to enjoy, as well as learn a thing or two of what nature had to offer.

As to those images in the National Geographic, like you I do enjoy and learn from those amazing images that the photographer had so patiently took for us to learn and enjoy. BTW my son in law do subscribe to the magazine.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

Cat-in-Sydney, thanks for the visit and the good words on this posting. Thanks as well for sharing your thoughts.

I am actually new to Macro Photography and still learning as I move along. And every bit of tips and know hows of how best we could get a good image is much appreciated.

You are indeed fortunate to have your mom to give advice, so I believe if you put your mind into photography you would in no time be a good one at that.

Yes, Lemon grass is plentiful here an I shall use it as one of subject the in the future. Thanks for triggering my thoughts.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

~Covert_Operations'78~, Ee Lynn thanks for the visit and the good words on this posting. As well sharing your thoughts on your growing up period.

Yes I have always love the rain and it always bring back memories of my growing up period. It was indeed nostalgic and it does made me happy. The yearly monsoon period on the east coast is actually a period where we could enjoy the rain at it most and I do missed it.

Have a nice day.

Pak Idrus said...

indavao, thanks for the visit and the greeting.

Have a nice day too.

Temuk said...

Salam bahagia Pak Idrus,
Mohon izin utk selalu mampir ke blog Pak Idrus. Blog ini amat-amat teratur rapi, dan foto-fotonya menyegarkan mata, ucap katanya menyejukkan hati! Terima kasih.

Pak Idrus said...

Temuk, thanks for the visit, the greeting and the good words on my kind of blogging. I am indeed glad that you enjoy my posting and those images.

In my golden age I thought that the best thing to do is to give as much and for that I am sharing my thoughts so that others my enjoy living.

Have a nice day.