Monday, April 20, 2009

Butterfly on mirror...


Folks, the other day whiles I was cleaning the patio, a morning ritual of mine I saw a colorful Butterfly hanging on the surface of a mirror on the wall. How it did it I just wonder. Not always I get to see Butterfly in such a position. Colorful Butterfly is quite common at the other end of my patio where there are greens and flowers but not on this side. It is as thought there are two of it there. I watch it for a while and thought that it is dead but to my amazement it move. I then took my camera and snap a numbers of shots and here are a few good shots that I am sharing with all to enjoy. Indeed a great sight that nature had offer us to lighten up our lives. It does made my day. Have a nice day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like the butterfly was comfortable with the place pak idrus. I think it is attributable to your effort in making your patio a place where you can enjoy a nature :)
Beautifully captured images, by the way. Congratulation :D

Pak Idrus said...

Akmal, thanks for the visit and the good words my kind of photography. I am still learning and hope to get better images as I goes along.

As for my patio it is divided into two parts, as you most probably seen one is the traditional Serambi and the other is the ordinary patio. Each served its own purposes. Indeed both spaces do give me extra pleasure in enjoying life.

Have a nice day.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Those are gorgeous photos, Pak Idrus! You are right, it does create the illusion of 2 butterflies feet-to-feet. We are lucky to live in Malaysia where there is great biological diversity. Butterflies are also an indicator of the environmental health of an area -- no native flora, no food sources, no clean air -- no butterflies!

Best regards,
CO78

Pak Idrus said...

Covert_Operations'78, Ee Lynn thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of photography.

Yes it just look like an illusion but it is real. It flew away after awhile. When I was growing up in Kuantan the areas around the house is a heaven for all kinds of small animals and insect and I did enjoy playing in the bush and watch those wonderful creature in its natural habitat.

To get back that environment I did a small jungle in front of my patio and now birds, squirrel and other insect come and go. It does made my day when it are around.

Have a nice day.

Glennis said...

Nice photos, there is nothing like the natural beauty of Nature to life your spirits.

Pak Idrus said...

Glennis, thanks for the visit and the good words on my kind of photography. Agreed, nature does color our lives.

Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Pak Idrus,

Butterflies mean you going to have someone close visiting you. Did anyone visit you that day? Postman not included, ya! ;-)

YA

Pak Idrus said...

Anonymous[Yvonne]Thanks for the visit and sharing your thoughts on the subject of this posting. Well, we was in Malacca and our daughter met us there from Singapore. Does that count.

Have a nice day.