Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Of Ana, Ginny and Wan Zaid...


A phone calls from a stranger, sort of a stranger for I had known her only from a phone conversation just last week; when a blogger that I had known only in cybersphere pass the phone to her and we spoke. She then hand that phone to her spouse, a Wan Zaid. I spoke to Wan Zaid. It was indeed a friendly conversation in a foreign land.

And today another call took us to Quincy Adam, a suburb of Boston, sort of a Kampong enclave with beautiful homes. This time we were invited for lunch at their home. We took the Red Line T and at the Quincy Adam stop, Wan Zaid picks us up. This is the first time I had ever met this Malaysian who hail from Besut in the state of Terengganu, Malaysia. And soon on arrival at his home we were greeted with a friendly smile from his spouse, Ginny who spoke in perfect Malay. At that moment in time we were greeted by a blogger that I had known in cyberspere for more then a year. She is none other then Anasalwa, an articulate blogger who write from Boston. I believe most of you have visited her site from time to time. So it is now another story 'from cybersphere to the real world'. That short chat completes the journey of a blogger from cybersphere to the real world. We now met in the real world, thus complete the picture. What a way to go! I am delighted that happen for we are stranger no more. Had it not for blogging, I would have not got the opportunity to meet Anasalwa and that wonderful couple Ginny and Wan Zaid of Quincy Adam.

We were then invited to lunch at their garden at the other side of the house, a sprawling green, the luxury of living in the suburban area. That would surely be the envy of urbanite. Soon the others came and we sat to chat like old friends. The aura of friendship was so overwhelm that the lunch do became just like a coming home event of a sort. As usual we enjoyed the wonderful Bar B Q spread that Ginny had prepared. Made of grilled chicken, lamb and corn, the smell alone would have made anyone hungry. With the feeling of Love that seem to vibrate from everyone, that lunch do soon became an extension of the friendship of the Ginny and Zaid. What a day in the lives of a blogger.

Thanks Ginny and Zaid for been such a wonderful host. My spouse and our daughter and I do have a great time. Have a nice day

10 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

I know that feeling Pak Idrus. ;)Most of my friends here are known thru the cyberworld.

So you had bbq. Tht means the weather is now getting better ya? No more heat wave.

Pak Idrus said...

farina, thanks for the visit and the kind words on this happening.

Yes, blogging do enlarged the circle of friendship and I am indeed happy for that. The heat wave has gone and we are now enjoying the weather.

Have a nice day.

svllee said...

i'm jealous....

Pak Idrus said...

svllee, thanks for the visit.

Ha! Ha!, Not to worry, the next time you cross the Atlantic, just call them [I have their numbers]and I sure you would meet with the same hospitality.

Have a nice day.

Pak Zawi said...

Pak Idrus,
The advantage of a well traveled blogger is you get to meet many more of fellow bloggers even in faraway land.

Pak Idrus said...

zawi, thanks for the visit and the kind words.

Well, blogsphere do take us into a new dimension of meeting strangers that eventually became friends. From there we get to know more friends. Continue to makes life more colorful.

Have a nice day.

Domestic CEO said...

Salam pak idrus,
I am lucky to just come across yr blog. Me too most probably will follow my husband working in houston, and looking for contact to know more about living in houston. Is there any way i can get in touch with yr nephew and wife? We will be living as expat there for few yrs...

Pak Idrus said...

nina, thanks for the visit and the greeting.

I am indeed happy that there are more and more Malaysian going overseas to be part of the expatriates.

Yes you could get in touch with my nephew spouse BJ. Do communicate with me via my email which is at my blog. I shall then give you their contact number.

Have a nice day.

Srikanth Siva said...

Pak Idrus, I think I know Ginny Wan Zaid. Was she a counsellor at PJ Community College back in 1994?

Pak Idrus said...

srikanth siva, thanks for the visit.

Yes as for Ginny Wan Zaid, you are right on the dot.

Have a nice day and take care.