Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wild flowers of Fraser's Hill..

In my last posting I did mentioned about the wild flowers of Fraser's Hill. Above are some images of the flowers that I saw blooming at this hill resorts. How I wished there are more flowers grown all over the hillsides and a Rose Sanctuary where one could see all the varieties of roses.

While on a teaching assignment at a college in Chandigarh, India in the mid seventies, I saw one of the largest collections of roses in a sprawling Rose Garden. Just imaging seeing all the varieties of roses on a grand scale. Those gorgeous plant in all the colors of the rainbow, in all shapes and sizes would surely enlighten one's life.

I hope the management people of Fraser's Hill would continue to upkeep the place and add more and more gardens, turning that place into a heaven of gardens made of varieties of the greens and flowers. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

PakIdrus,
I like the lantern like flowers on top right hand photo. Do you know what is it called? I think I saw them at Taman Tasik Taiping. Aren't they gorgeous?

Pak Idrus said...

ana, thanks for the visit. Agreed it is gorgeous. Like you I do not know the name of that flower. This is the first time I saw such a unique flower. I saw one white and one pink in color. Well, flowers always made me happy. Have a nice day.