Sunday, September 17, 2006

Meriam and Norlela, the ladies entrepreneurs...

It was yet another beautiful day..Without thinking much, after dressing up I told my spouse that I am going out for awhile. I drove the Honda Accord and just take its easy. In my mind if there is a parking lot at Ampang Point I would just browse along at this shopping mall but after cruising along I just could not find a lot to park my car. In that situation I decided to drive on and eventually got the Great Eastern Mall. Parked my car at the basement and took the lift up to the lower level and then went up one floor to see if there is anything exciting at this level, a sort of a lobby where exhibition are held from time to time. I saw that there is a interesting exhibition of Arts of all sorts on exhibit and sale there. Since I love works of arts, I browse along and eventually got to talking with a group of young ladies entrepreneur, one of whom is an painter and were selling her works of arts. There is another lady who works on small items of metals turning it into items of beauty and a works of arts, the like that of cosmetic jewelry. They were real articulate in English so the conversation soon became more interesting, the subjects seem to change as we go on. Indeed these two young mother in their forty something were the new emergence entrepreneurs who decided to turn their love for arts into business. I got their permission to take some snaps of their works of arts and above are the images that I took using my cell phone. Its really do look great...

I am indeed proud that these ladies with grown up children and from the look of it had themselves good education decided not to be employed but instead to go on their own, turning their interest or hobby into a business venture. As a person who had trained many young entrepreneurs before when I was working in a government agency, I gave whatever advise I could and encouragements to them hoping that they would continue to enjoy success in their enterprises.

These ladies that I met today are from the generation of my children and I am glad that they are on the way toward success in their business venture. In a capitalist system that the country practice, the future of a good living standard with a great quality of life depend very much on the individual. I believe that these young ladies entrepreneurs that I met today are among the many young people that makes the new Malaysian business people that would herald this country to a new height in the future. So to Meriam and Norlela I wish you well and hope that you both would continue to prosper and enjoy in whatever you are doing. Have a nice day.

No comments: