Friday, January 06, 2006

Those were the days...


This picture is from my archive... A scene where the Queen of England visited Malacca in the early seventies.. I was given the responsibility of organizing the cultural tour for the Queen and her entourages which includes Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh and the late Lord Mountbatten... Looking back to those great days in my life, I felt it was just like yesterday...The memories still clear in my mind... What a great day it was....During my years of working in the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports Malaysia, I had many opportunities like this, meeting heads of government both when these dignitaries visit Malaysia or when I had the opportunity to go on official visits to foreign countries.... [that's Me talking with Prince Philip]

3 comments:

Ku Keng said...

I was just behind the coconut tree. Can you use the Photo Editor to remove the tree so that I can be visible? Just for memories la, :)

Liz said...

That photo is truly something to be proud of Pak Idrus :)

Pak Idrus said...

Keng, thanks, I knew you were behind the coconut palm, you are supposed to be there and I believe there is a photo with you under this coconut palm,,,anyway if I removed the tree, then I would be changing history!!.. We would not have Dr.M and no twin tower and maybe still live in the third world..I do not believe you would want that...I would not..I am happy of living in first world like now, so the image stay as it is....I would post the picture of you behind the coconut palm some other time, in the mean time do look at your archive for the picture and share it with the world... Have a nice day...

Liza, thanks, that is my life..I am indeed proud of those beautiful moment...Have a nice day....