Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Conscience....

Received another mail today saying that I would soon become a millionaire and that million of dollars is waiting for me to just collect, this letter seem to come somewhere in Africa, this is not the first time... I had been getting many emails wanting to make me an instance millionaire. Sometime ago I received an email from the Hague, requesting that I reply to the mail, so that the agent could proceed with processing the money that I had won, on a sorts of random pick up of the Email addresses. It seem that I was the lucky email address and that I had to reply to confirm my authenticity and that immediately on receiving my mail, they would proceed with giving million of dollars that I had won....I guess I am just the few 'lucky' one whom those 'good' people out there are looking to share their wealth with me...Well...I am OK, I do not need the millions to go on living, so I would suggest that those that wanted to share those millions, just give it away to the needy in the Acheh region, the poor peoples in Dafur or other parts of Africa where they are really in needs of help...I do not need it at all...But I keep receiving such letters and till now did not reply, for I know for sure, I for one, do not need those money...Let others have them....I believe many of you out there, like me have received such mails and have acted smart with all the sincerity and did not want to be carried away and in the process might felt sorry or just loose money instead.... The true story of one Malaysian Lady sound interesting...Who wrote to the local Newspaper, relating her story..That she complied with all the instructions...Which request among other things to give her Bank account number and then proceed with sending some thousand of dollars to the person that wrote the email, as a processing fees of a sorts for a start....And in the end the other party just disappeared and she was left with great lost...Had been conned in broad daylight in cyberspace....She actually had been baited and got hooked, maybe for been greedy or naive enough not to spot a con...Was left high and dry...Well that is our world now, if you are not careful anything could happen...Perhaps She had been the unlucky one....I just do not know.. Another interesting story is the attempt sale of a huge holiday resort some where in the country...I heard there is a scam that someone almost sold a whole Condo Resort Complex for Millions of ringgits, and at a point in time was found out by the owners of the resort..And put the deal to a stop...And then there is this story told by a friend that one of his house in PJ was sold without his knowledge and that it has became a court case now...In both case I heard that some money did change hands...Well ,it happened, someone just make money out of thin air and almost worked perfectly....Naive real Naive....Naive is I believe the correct word to use in relating this stories of con people all over the world, that are trying to makes a fast buck and in the process succeeded....Well friends, that is the world we live in, most of us still have conscience but there are a few out there that have no conscience at all left and with some people are as greedy as ever and as usual people in these categories lost their senses of direction and humanity...Remember the recent events where a group of African did con many Malaysian on the so called 'Black Money' scandal..In this case it was pure greed and the belief in the supernatural that got them conned. Many just got conned and left mourning their lost and licking their wound alone...Succumbed to the clever tactic of the Con person[s]...In the case of the 'Black Money' scam, they got caught and are facing justice now....But then those that lost their money would never see their money again.....Well friends life is like that, remember the story of the 'dog and the bone' and the reflecting water, one never learn!!!...Trying to get rich fast....And in the process getting poorer faster then the blink of their eyes...Indeed... That had been the days....To all those that send me those Emails, Thanks and No I am not interested... Thanks, Have a nice day...Take care.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I received a lot of those emails too but each times I deleted it without thinking. I never believe in short cuts. There is no short cut in life. If they say there is, then think again, what great price you have to pay for it.

You are right, we need to have good conscience and not to be greedy. I've written a little about greediness in one of my postings. Nothing good can come out of it.

Unknown said...

Pak Idrus,
I keep getting the same offer too from the wife of former Nigerian minister. I give them my account number and they'll put 35 million. Later I'll keep half of it :))

Pak Idrus said...

Liza, like you I do not believe in short cut...take care.

anasalwa, I think you are the lucky one...millionaire to be...take care.