Monday, August 01, 2005

Awapuhi-ula-ula...


I posted this enchanting plants some days ago and got a few responds from visitors to my blog...It indeed makes my days...Some ask me the name of the plants which they seem to love, just like me...It is still there in my small garden, red and radiant.. Giving all the love to our species...It look like the flowers of this plant bloom well and lasted for a while, it has been there, still looking fresh for more then a month already...As for the name of this plant I wrote back saying that I just do not know as yet and would find out somehow...Well friends, luck is on my side, a close friend, a pretty and charming lady who now live in Bali, the enchanting holiday paradise island, send me an email telling me the name of the plant...So here I am sharing it with the others that enquire as to the name of this plants...Thanks Marge...For the help...Writing this makes me think of you and your other half. Jer..He must be really happy now that he is back in business in the one job that He love to do...Friends this couple who now live in Bali are close friends of mine, Her spouse and me were class mate and hail from the same town on the east coast of peninsular Malaysia...He has been in the hospitality industry all his live and love doing it.., it has I believe became his culture and that is why I believe his spouse who gave me the name of the plant, knows more about plants then me...You know how those great five or four starts hotel kept their guests happy and they keep coming back..Those colorful and enchanting plants is parts of the whole schemes of things in the hospitality business...What a hotel without the greens and those flowers....A grand bouquet is always displayed in the main lobby...What else, surely for the pleasure of the guests, personally I love those bouquet in the hotel lobby...It always brighten my days...Well friends the plants is called red ginger and its Hawaiian name is 'awapuhi-ula-ula' ...Have a nice day...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hahaha... Pak Idrus, it sounds fun, the 'awapuhi-ula-ula'. I've actually heard of red ginger before but this one daun dia tak macam pokok halia pun. It sure has such a lovely very red flower (suits its name). Kena beli jugak ni :)