Wednesday, June 09, 2004

It look like my friend Mr.My is running around the country like a big time contractor.... I read in his blog that he decided to stay for a while in Kuala Lumpur until the new highway to Kuantan is open and that it would be easy for him to travel up and down all the time..... And all of a sudden I got news that he is already in Kuantan and is back to Kuala Lumpur by air....Oh!! What a way to travel... There must be something exiting happening in the air.... I wonder... He seem to be a real busy man... Running around like a busy business or a politician... He was working for an oil company until they retired him and he is an engineer by profession... In his business card that he give me the other day.... He is shown as a consultant of a sorts.... So I thing he has many thing to be consult at... Perhaps there is a breakdown of a huge generator plant in Kuantan and he had to rush to get the job done... Who knows he might be making tons of money by now going up and do as consultant....Good for him.... That is why I always tell friends that they should be profession... For professional are really sought out people nowadays....He must be the lucky one getting job here and there after his retirement... As for me I have decided long ago that after I retired I am not going to seek employment anymore and if people need my professional service.... I would just give them free, 'percuma' in Malay or just gratis that everyone understood.... Since I do not work any more I am not committed to anyone and I am free.... Freedom that I choose... If you work you are not free and I just do not want it for I have work very hard for almost thirty two years and all those time not only that I work hard and smart but I enjoy every minutes of it all.... For I believed that you must enjoy whatever you do especially in the work or job you do....By doing that you would not be wasting you precious time and came of doing every job well satisfied that you have done a good job.... satisfication do not come easy... And you just could not buy satisfication.... You earned it and then you have all the right the world to enjoy..... Well coming back to my dear friend Mr.My...I hope he had a great time doing what he is doing running up and do and all over.... And remember that age is catching up for there are reasons why they retired you in the first place... But some people just do not want to retire...That I know very well... I have friend that work until the last day of his retirement age, in Malaysia in the government service and some sector of the private sector, people are retired at the age of fifty five or fifty six..... Well what can I say...We human are all different, we are all individual with our own liking and disliking.... So my dear friend if you enjoy doing whatever you are doing.... Do it and enjoy.....And please do not fret about it... Doing that would be just wasting your time and energy..... Do a good job and be satisfied about it and enjoy.........

No comments: