Sunday, May 02, 2004

Well at last I received an email from my dear friend in Malacca.... That guy that love to go on to the open sea and fish all day in his great boat.... He has many boats and is on the way of building a marina of a sorts on the sea front facing the straits of Malacca.... An adventurer indeed, full of zest and energy of a young man..... We had the opportunity to taste those fish that he regularly caught on his regular trip, we were invited to dinner at his home some time ago..... It was indeed a sumptuous meals prepared by his charming wife.... We have been have problem getting connected in cyberspace..... but the last few days I tried and tried and eventually I got a reply from him on my Yahoo site..... Great we are now in communication on cyberspace, a place that I love to wonder and enjoy visiting the various sites in cyberspace...... In his first mail to me he describe his adventurous journey from Kuala Lumpur to Malacca on the eve of the long holiday period this weekend..... The journey that would normally take 'toll to toll' just about one hour and to Malacca about two hours, took him six hours..... On the top of those clog highway and had to drive in a convoy all way from KL.... He had an overheated engine which eventually stalled..... But then like all great adventurer my friend Al is a man of great ingenuity, he managed to get the car going.... but without the most important ingredients of a good drive..... the air condition unit... it stop to work.... perhaps because of over work during the five hours journey from KL and it decided to take a break.... It did took a break without informing my dear friend Al.... And because of it he had to endure a heated journey to his home in Malacca..... and arrived in his great home like what He say... like a 'sotong kering' dried cuttle fishes...... Well that is life..... That's what make life interesting and plenty of tale to tell your grandchildren later on.... I told him in a reply to his mail that he is lucky to have his charming wife by his side at that time.... otherwise it would be worst.... driving without a companion to cool you down when you heat up is indeed an unfortunates time....so you are indeed lucky to have her at your side on that day..... when usually driving home is always in the cool comfort of you car.... but Al.... this is the real world and it is like that..... I guess it is because it is not a perfect world, that we all enjoy living in this blue planet and hope for the best , but the best does not come always..... So enjoy while the sun shine, for the sun do not always shine in the tropic.... where we make our home..... Malaysia a tropical paradise and you Al live beside the sea, which most would want to but just could only dream..... I envy you for that.... But then not everyone are as lucky as you... As for me I am indeed contented to live in my present home in the city... A home that I call a 'Pondok' Hut in English...... In a way to remind me of my past..... and at time try to relive those great time of our youth in the kampong........ where life is much simpler.... No air condition.... No car..... Just walk around and enjoy the good life.....

No comments: