Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I went to the bank today to withdrew some money.... It was from my personal trust account...... Normally the service was quick and I had no problem of getting my money but this time the bank personal especially those that approved such withdrawal did not want to accept my signature.... They say that it is not the same with the invisible one on the bank book..... They keep insisting that I sign again and again and continue to say that it is not the same..... Of course it is not the same, how can two signature of a person be exactly the same..... As far as I know it is the concept of the signature that is important, since all signature would differ a little from the time you start using a signature... They keep saying that they would not give me my money although they had my Identity card and my driving license to check Me as the true owner of the account and the boss, a Women keep saying that my signature is not the same.... So I show her more of the my signature on a piece of paper, I repeat putting my signature in front of her and yet she still did not want to accept and at one instance She had the cheek to suggest that I put an 'a' so that my signature look like the one on the bank book...... What a crazy idea asking me to forge my own signature.... It look like this senior officer do not understand what a personal signature is.... I keep telling her that I had use this same signature from the age of eighteen and now I am sixty four years old....... Surely the signature change a bit...... At last she insist I put a thump print on the withdrawal paper, of which I did and she gave the go ahead for the withdrawal........ I believe if the boss is a man, this would not happen.... Something in this lady's boss that I felt is not right...... Especially her attitude and refuse to acknowledge that I am an old man and I do not believe that I look like a cheat or a liar..... Well I really got depressed with the attitude with this lady boss, since this is not the first time that I use this same bank...... I had no problem before..... Anyway I got my money and decided never to use this Bank again...... Does not senior bank personals get training to handle people and have some common sense.... This boss seem not to have any common sense at all..... They got all the proof that I am the real owner of the account and yet just because my signature is slightly differ from the one in the book.... They reject my withdrawal.... And only after some exchange of explanation and my thumb print did they give the ok to the withdrawal.......It wasted my time and of course the Banks time, for it takes almost half an hours to do just a small transaction.... I guess that we old folks has got to be extra careful when we put our signature on paper.... Since it differ from time to time and when we have such stupid bank personal like the one I encounter today, then we would be in trouble of not getting our money when we need most...... So after this incident I went to the source bank where I open my trust account and had my thumb print include beside the signature.... so that in future I would not encounter such incident again..... I hope.... And that they have more senior bank personals that are intelligent and have some humane in them..... Well as we age and the society began to change.... We would be facing more and more 'new' procedure and I believe as not to get depressed, we old folks should take its easy, for it is still not the end of the world.... and that the present boss in the bank would eventually get old and would probably face the same problem when they are in their golden age.... It is a vicious circle..... Life is like that........ What I hope that these young bosses would have more wisdom when dealing with the public especially with people like us.... in our golden age...... As for me I am glad that this happen now and because of it....I had put into action my Plan B for this type of withdrawal...... To survived in the ever changing world we have to be smart..... So to all my dear friends in the golden age group.... Do take it easy for we still have got lots to learn in this ever changing society.... Well life goes on..... With another interesting episode to share with the world..... Have a nice day......

No comments: