Saturday, April 03, 2004

....... Frog... Yes Frog.... That little creature... in all sorts of size and color, sometime green in color, sometime gray in color, sometime yellow and some are even multi color.... It is the frog that we usually see in our backyard or around our garden.... I like frog for some reasons the I just could not explain or understand.... perhaps they are all cute and somewhat funny.... I simply love to see this jumpy creature in my little garden.... Well just the other day I bought a couple.... Yes.. bought it from the pet shop and wanted to rear it at my front yard garden..... So on returning home I let go both this little creature into a small pond..... I was hoping that it would stay there and improve the bio diversity of my little garden.... Hoping to hear the frog croak or make it usual noise, thus enrich my ecosystem and make it more cheerful..... I already have those electronic frog sound, the cricket sound and the bird sound.... but it is still not the same as a natural sound made by those little creatures and insects.... Well my experiment with this little frog did not work for the simple reason that it did not want to stay in the pond the I provide for....That was the last time I see both those frogs that I bought at the pet shop.... Well I told myself quietly... at least they are set free to roam themselves away from the pet shop..... and then a few weeks ago I found one at my backyard..... I took it to the front yard hoping that it would stay there, and again it did not want to stay..... Hard luck.... And then my wife found one loitering around in the kitchen, she put it in a cage and fed it.... Hoping it would be a bit friendly and want to stay around when release.... but again it did not work.... once released it just ran away... And today I found one in a pail that I had put some water, I suppose it has jump into this pail and could not climb out..... What a surprise to see a frog swimming in this pail and I thought that may be it want to stay there.... Thinking that the plastic pail is not that suitable for its habitat... I scoop it out and put it in a clay pond full of water plants, hoping that it would stay since the environment in this small pond is almost like a real pond, where one finds frogs..... I left it there and again it did not want to stay..... It decided to find its own habitat..... What can I say.... Anyway I have to try some other strategies.... like creating sort of a natural pond with all those water plants and see whether any frog would come on its own and stay there from time to time..... What else could I do to get a friendly frog to live in my garden.... I have to try and may be it would work... Nothing venture nothing gain..... Anyone reading this have any suggestion?.... I would love to hear..... Frog... What a creature!!..... It is such a nice creature to have around in the garden.... Not caged up.... But free to swim in my little pond......... It would makes my life more interesting and surely it would make my day if that really happen...... Mr and Mrs Frog come and stay and enjoy life in my little pond...... What a life it would be...... Interesting Eh!! Those little creatures.........The Frog.......

No comments: