Thursday, December 04, 2003

Well.... I have been invited by the Volvo Klasik Kelab to join them on another of their trip, this time it is a weekend trip to the Gunong Ledang....I do not own a vintage Volvo for I never like old car, I love cars but the new one with the latest technology, so I keep changing car every few years and now I think... I am using my twenty fifth cars, this time a new Honda Civic...Actually I have lost count on the number of cars that I have use..for I keep changing cars....a hobby of mine,... once I drive a Volvo too and at the same time drive a Madza savanna RX...On weekend I would take this RX for a ride to Genting Highland on the old winding road, it was a great trill, the RX is the best Vehicle to drive on a country road and it would not be as nice driving it on the highway....what a waste to drive it on the highway...I love the RX and as I have said before, I love cars, so I change to another and another and now with this Honda....well there is a new one on the market now, the new Honda Accord, it look great and I am beginning to think of getting it..... already got the catalogue....it would be just nice for me at this age..... a sporty car would not do now... so may be...I would try the new accord....Those crazy old man with the vintage Volvo would not part with their wonder machine, some of it are older than their first child....I drove in one that is thirty five years old, that have been upgraded with an air condition but to me it is still not as comfortable...I still love the latest car with the Lexus technology.....Me...A crazy old man you might say ... well yes... I am crazy about car...it is still part of me... an extension of oneself you might say...It has always being a pleasure to drive a new car with the latest technology.....Well I am sure the trip to Gunong Ledang would be interesting, I have join this group before and it was really great, most of them are of my age, those crazy old man and woman in their golden age enjoying life, there are also some are young couple with small kid, the last time I joins the group to Cameron Highland I met a young Malay couple with kids and a baby, it was indeed an interesting and adventurous couple, perhaps our friend 'Adam with the new baby' should join this group just for the fun of it..... well Adam if you are interested, do let me know, I would get you in touch with this group....It is an interesting group, get an old Volvo and join this group and keep it going for the adventure of it.....as for me I would just enjoy with any new 'toys' that comes on the market..... well according to plan we all would meet just after the Sg.Besi toll plaza and then proceed to the Jejambat Rest and Recreation area and there perhaps have lunch before proceeding to Gunong Ledang via Tangkap.....One thing I should mention about this R & R, there is a great Mee Kari and Nasi Lemak [ Malaysian noodle, rice cook in coconut milk specialties] at one of the food stall.... Whenever we stop here, My wife and me would surely enjoy either the nasi lemak or the mee kari, it really delicious...if you have not try...do it ..it is worth a try....on the way back another stop I love is the Coffee Kiosk at the Seremban R & R, the coffee is great and the atmosphere is refreshing....try the roti jala...it is great with the coffee......Well... you must be wondering how I got invited to join this Volvo group without a Volvo car....it all start when a friend that I came to know own a vintage Volvo and a member of this group, He invited me... so my wife and me decided to join them on one of their trip in their car....it was just a short journey and we enjoy the ride and meeting those other club members......they keep inviting us...this time to far away places like Bangkok, but since it is so far, I did not join them for I am not that comfortable sitting all the way in the vintage car...I ask them whether I may drive my own car, not a Volvo, well they do not mind....so the story goes...and I am joining this trip... this time around....It is the story of some crazy old man and his gang......Having a great time in their golden age.....Perhaps we all would meet the legendry Putri Gunong Ledang...who knows...

No comments: