Thursday, December 18, 2003

It is Thursday...It is almost at the end of the week again...Just last week we were preparing for a trip to Gunong Ledang....it look like just like yesterday...Guess time pass fast now a day..when one do not care about time...I thought that I would take the day easy and relax after the trip last week....then I got a call from a friend saying that they are coming for a visit...the Aidil Fitri visit.....as I have mentioned before we celebrate the Aidil Fitri for the whole month of sywal of the Moslem calendar...so we are still in that month and visit like this happen from time to time from close friends....well I told the caller, an old friend that they are welcome to come over....and they say that they would be over in about a hours....so I told my wife of the call and she say... well it is good since we still have plenty of cookies left....as usual my wife would cook something for a friend's visit, so she decided to cook nasi lemak [rice cook in coconut milk] ....as usual I did my daily ritual of cleaning house and tend the garden, waiting for my friend to arrive....browse internet for a time and there you are... an email from our foster child from Italy....Joan...it was indeed an interesting email, her emails are always well written, a very articulate person indeed and reading it always makes my day...she narrate a bit of her family history...a bit of her homeland Zimbabwe...a country up side down now and she hope for the best....the future for her beloved homeland....she talk about her dad and mom in Zimbabwe and her sister and other relatives living in other countries across the globe....she is indeed good with words and her email makes interesting reading...I guess that is why, according to her, Jai, our late daughter say she should be a writer...Well my dear Joan...try writing...you seem to have the flair for it......start with writing blog like I do...may be we would graduate to become a writer in the near future.....or at least we would see our writing in print in the internet....and share our thoughts with others...making this world an interesting place to live....we can always dream of becoming of a writer of a sort....dreams are free....it always start with dreams...God willing.... we would be able to write books in the future...who knows....we all can try.....as for me writing blog have been a great pleasure and a past time hobby...it alert my faculty and makes my mind active...sometime words flows just like that.....and ideas keep coming....well...I guess my blog now are being read all over the globe ....I know it has been link in many other blogs across the world...what a great tools, this blog!!!...to people like us who love to write....hoping that our thoughts would do some good to those readers...a win win situation for everyone.....While reading Joan's mail....I heard the sound of a car....I swith off my computer and went to look, sure enough....my friend that just call...has arrived with his wife....all smile and happy...I welcome them both and we set for a while on the patio over looking my small patch of flower garden...well it is a sort of garden...with potted flower...we chat while his wife went inside to look for my wife who is cooking at the kitchen...in our culture it is alright for guess to get right to the kitchen to meet the host...it is our way of life...the kitchen is an important part of the house...it is where the family eat and talk or just chat, so normally close friends would just go right in... to the kitchen....with a Salam greeting and sit at the kitchen table and chat......Since it is lunch time....we all set to have lunch with our guest.....nasi lemak being the main food today....we eat and continue to chat....on various subject such as what the kids are doing now....our 'kids'....well... they are all grown up now with their own kids....as far as parents are concerned their children are still kids to them...so we talk about the grown up children and exchange news and other notes.....like how many grandchild they have now...well.. they say that they now have fifteen grandchildren....it is not a surprise since they have five kids all married....now a day Malaysian thence to have an average of five kids....it is a sort of a government national program on population.... for Malaysia plan to have a population of seventy million by the middle of the twenty first century....an economic population for a develop country....Malaysian is expected to be a well develop country by twenty twenty.....actually with the present prosperity....we are almost there now......

No comments: