Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Again we went to an Open House at a friend's house, this time it was in the evening and we have never gone to their house before....anyway I took down their address and told my wife that we should accept their invitation and visit them tonight.....Left the house after the evening prayer [Magrib] and drive to the north and soon we arrive in the vicinity of their housing estate known as the Wangsa Maju....it was dark the traffics was rather heavy and this makes it difficult for me to look for the address of the house...I drive on and still could not find the area of his house, which he say is at section six of Wangsa Maju....I saw section two but not section three or the other number....Well not to worry...when I stop at the traffic light...I make a call using my Cel Phone....a Godsend tool for communication in this era ..... I do not believe we all could live with comfort without the Cel Phone...it has now became an extension of oneself....a great tool for communication....so I call my friend and told him that I am somewhere and just could not find his house....well as usual he say...do not worry...just turn around and you would find section six.....turning around on this busy roads is not that easy.....so I drove on trying to find a place where I could do a U turn....but there was none....so I proceed on to the left...and left again and eventually found a place to makes a U turn......well I am back at the same place again but on the other side of the road....so I proceed and true enough I found the road signs of section three to six...I follow the direction and got on the road toward to the section where his house is located....well I stop by the road side and call him again..and told him where I am and he say....You just stay put!!...and he would come and guide us to his house...and he came and we eventually arrived at his house....we join the other guests and had a sumptuous meals that his wife had prepared....then chat like old time...It happen that all the quests were from the state of Pahang, my home state.... the conversation lead to the problem faced by this east coast state...that does not seem to have develop as fast as their counter part on the west coast....the highway has not been completed....it is still half way completed....I told them we have been independent almost fifty years and we still do not have a highway to the east coast, whereas the west coast long ago have a highway running from north to south...well that is what happen when politican do not really do there jobs...we all still have to wait a year or so for the new highway to be completed....then the journey to Kuantan would just be two hours unlike now it takes some time up to four hours to make a one way journey from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan.....anyway at least soon we would have a new highway to the east coast....We continue to chat on various subjects and eventually left the house and back home happy that we had managed to meet this old friends and indeed had a great dinner ....well we are still in the month of Sywal....so there are still more Open House to visit...Tomorrow the twenty fifth December would be our Open House....and it is also Christmas day...Great we all could enjoy Christmas as well...in our Open House........To all...... Merry Christmas and Have a Great time......

No comments: